Saturday, March 10, 2012

Smash Album Sneaks

Well, I got my product on Friday and have been working on the smash album ALLLLLLL weekend. It's been so much fun! And finally I'm able to share some sneak peeks....


We're going to be using all sorts of mediums. Paint, ink, mist. Ahhhhh, the fun of those wet mucky hands!

Pockets are a big part of standard smash albums and in our one, it will be no different! We have a ton of cute pockets to enhance the look of our albums.

I got asked if we could use masks, and well, who am I to turn down such a reasonable request? We're using a couple of masks and I hope my ideas will help open the creative mind to different ways of using them.

Tags too. Always a fantastic staple in a smash album. Ready brought, home made. It's all good!

I'm really glad I held out for the new stock. It's so cute! We will be using new papers from Glitz and My Minds Eye. Yummo! Plus a ton of other fun and funky papers and pockets and well, all sorts!

Yes, there is some pink, but there is a ton of other colours too (as you can see). I LOVE that about smash albums, they're so eclectic you can put together any combination of papers and colours and it works.

For me, a smash album just wouldn't feel right without a doily.

Or for that matter a little white tag that I'm known to use. Perfect.

I am so excited about this album. I knew it was going to be fun when Adrienne and I first talked about it, but man, it's so much more fun than I ever thought!!!!

And there are just so many possibilities for how each page can look.

Speaking of which here is what you are going to need to bring to make those gorgeous pages:

Your standard scrapbooking kit
A variety of adhesives (I used a glue gun, double sided tape, glossy accents).
Stapler / staples.
Brown ink (plus any other of your favourite colours - bring your ink stash!).
Your favourite paint/s.
Your favourite glimmmermist colours.

Things to bring IF you have them:
Cuttlebug.
Crop a dile.
Foam Brush/s.
Sewing maching (Adrienne is supplying one, but if you are happy for others to use yours, please let Adrienne know and bring it along).
Baby wipes.
Additional items/scraps you might like to add to your album.

This class contains product/supplies for you to complete 22 pages (thats 44 pages all up) and your covers, the additional paint/glimmermist/ink that I'm recommending you bring are so you can ensure the feel of your album is exactly right.

There are a ton of techniques we're going to be using during the construction of the album, from stamping to masking, making our own pages to making our own pockets, from die cuts to trimmers, from paint to glimmermist. It is chock full of  F . U . N.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

See you there!

Trina 

No comments:

Post a Comment